Fall Premier Auction 2013
This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on:
What a mix of items celebrating baseball's stolen base king, all signed by Rickey as well!
1) Size 7 1/8, New Era wool Oakland A's cap signed on the bill by Rickey with inscription "S.B. King" in 9-10/10 white/silver paint pen.
2) Rawlings Adirondack Pro Model bat signed in perfect 9-10/10 blue pen with his number "24". Wood is so smooth, it feels and smells like it just came off the manufacturing floor.
3) OAL (Brown) baseball with Rickey's autograph in 9/10 black pen.
4) Large, 23 1/4" by 35 1/2" framed poster celebrating Rickey Henderson's record 939th stolen base signed by the Hall of Famer in perfect looking 9-10/10 dark blue felt tip pen.
5) 16" by 21" framed collage poster title "The Greatest" celebrating Rickey Henderson's record 939th stolen base signed by Ricky in perfect looking 9-10/10 dark blue felt tip pen.
6) 14" by 22 1/2" framed poster of blown-up May 2, 1991 San Jose Mercury News article with headline "939!" that Rickey has signed in perfect 10/10 thick blue pen.
7) 17" by 24" framed poster titled "119 and Counting" signed by Rickey in beautiful 10/10 thick blue pen. Photo taken and poster issued during the 1982 season when Rickey broke Lou Brock's single-season record of 118 stolen bases. He would finish with 130.
All items in this lot are part of Bill Albert's Rickey Henderson collection. Albert worked as a staff photographer for the San Jose Giants minor league baseball club (Giants single A affiliate) and did freelance photography for the San Francisco Giants and Oakland A's developing relationships with many Bay Area professional athletes. He acquired most of his Rickey items through Mike Weiss and Man of Steal Sports.
Pre-certified by PSA/DNA.