This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on:
In 1985 Denny's restaurants in Southern California sponsored a medallion give away at the Inglewood Forum. Over a period of 9 separate home games each fan entering the forum would receive one aluminum medallion, each of a different Los Angeles Lakers player. The player's pictured were 4 Byron Scott, 11 Bob McAdoo, 21 Michael Cooper, 31 Kurt Rambis, 32 Magic Johnson, 33 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 40 Mike McGee, 42 James Worthy, and 52 Jamaal Wilkes. About 16,000 coins were produced and distributed in this manor. Dr. Buss wanted to honor his players and staff with a special presentation of these medallions so an additional 40 or so were struck in reeded edge fine silver, golden bronze, and copper. All these are blanked back, without the Denny's logo. Offered here is the complete master set of all the medallions produced, including a set of original lead proofs and a set of the original aluminum medallions, each sign by Jerry Buss using an awl "To Lee, Jerry Buss". To sum up, included in this lot is the following:
1) Complete set of 9 Medallions in reeded fine silver.
2) Complete set of 9 Medallions in golden bronze.
3) Complete set of 9 Medallions in copper.
4) Complete set of lead proofs for the 9 Medallions.
5) Complete set of 9 Medallions in aluminum as originally issued with the Denny's logo on the reverse.
6) Complete set of 9 Medallions in aluminum as originally issued all signed on the back "To Lee, Jerry Buss".
7) Also included is a set of 8 lead proofs of the World Champion 1981-82 Los Angeles Lakers that was never produced. Players are: 10 Norm Nixon, 11 Bob McAdoo, 21 Michael Cooper, 31 Kurt Rambis, 32 Magic Johnson, 33 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 40 Mike McGee, and 52 Jamaal Wilkes.
A total of 62 of the 1 1/2" in diameter medallions. A unique and one of a kind offering.
LOA from the man directly behind original idea and production of the promotion.