SCP Auctions November 2010 Internet Auction
This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on:
Nice lot of photos relating to the Kansas City Blues minor league team from the 1920's.
1) 12" by 20" 1923 Kansas City Blues team photo. The 1923 Blues won the American Association title with a record of 112 wins and just 54 loses. They then went on to beat the powerhouse International League Champion Baltimore Orioles 5 games to 4 in the 1923 Junior World Series. The 1923 Kansas City Blues are ranked the 18th greatest minor league team in baseball history. Crystal clear photographic image. Couple of creases at bottom. Very clean except around the edges. Would frame up beautifully once matted.
2) 12" by 20" 1925 Kansas City Blues team photo. Another crystal clear image, however, photo is in poor condition with problems(tape, tears, creases, mold spots, etc) too numerous to mention.
3) 5 8' by 10" photos: K. C. Blues infield - about VG w/clear tape at 2 bottom corners; Players posed sliding near fence - About VG; Player reaching for ground ball at fence(looks like same player) - About VG; Full body pose of player - poor; and Player leaping for ball at 2nd base - about EX with clear tape at 2 right corners.
4) 4" by 10" posed 1923 team picture with players standing next to large floral arrangement. Crystal clear images. Multiple creases with 7 pieces of clear tape at corners and edges. Despite flaws, displays well.
5) Pair of 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 photos still attached to black album page on opposite sides. One shows player throwing with 2 others in background(EM/NM), the other has posed shot of 2 with numerous players and stadium in background(top part of photo faded).