This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on:
Nice group of 5 late 1930's-early 1940's team signed baseballs. Three stand out in readability while two are less.
1) 1938 Indianapolis Indians - Official American Association BB signed by 15, including Hall of Famer Ray Schalk. All but 2 signatures dark blue 7-9/10 quality signatures. All 15 are very readable. Players are: Gondira, Newton, Hibbard, RAY SCHALK(HOF), Miller, Griffin, Ritter, Pofahle, Cook, Budash, McCormick, Pilney, Stats, Martineck, M/W?yllyhaugas. The Schalk is in black ink and about 5/10 in quality. Slightly off white ball.
2) 1940 Syracuse Chiefs - Unidentified ball signed by 26, including team President C. M. Schindler. All of the 7-8/10 blue ink signatures are very readable. Players are: Jones, Clemenson, Connors, Richards, Peltier, Cy Blanton, Warren, Funchin, Walters, Yount, Tising, Norman, Juehch, Lemon, Hall, Huichans, Gates, Potterman, Porter, Taylor, Rambert, Longacre, Corcoran, Jungnay. Off white ball appeared to have been used a little before signing but autographs show up strong.
3) 1941 Syracuse Chiefs - Wilson Adoption American Association Official League BB signed by 24. Partly readable 5-6/10 quality black ink signatures on an off white ball with some wear. Players are: Jones, Zacher, Rosen, Sherlock, Longacre, Peltier, Williams, Deal, Johnson, Lottamore, Hinckle, Pezzuth, not sure of 12.
4) 1941 Indianapolis Indians - Wilson Adoption American Association Official League BB signed by 19. Partly readable 5/10 quality black ink signatures on an off white ball with some wear. Players are: Boyer, Cater, Castle, Star, not sure of rest.
5) 1942 Albany Cardinals - Official 97 League ball signed by 15, including Hall of Famer Red Schoendienst. Very readable 5 to 7-8/10 quality signatures. Players are: Wroblewski, AL SCHOENDIENST(HOF)(7-8/10), Graviano, Bictchet, Linnaman, Blaning, Girsh, Diering, Hammel, Hath, Cusick Mgr.(SS), Lenn, Smith, Baker, 1 unidentified. Off white ball appeared to have been used a little before signing.
Pre-certified by PSA/DNA.